[TYPES/announce] Call for Model-Checking Community Feedback

Kristin Yvonne Rozier kyrozier at iastate.edu
Tue Feb 1 14:50:33 EST 2022

*** Apologies for multiple postings

        Webinar & Call for Model-Checking Community Feedback

"Developing an Open-Source, State-of-the-Art Symbolic Model-Checking
         Framework for the Model-Checking Research Community"

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://modelchecker.temporallogic.org__;!!IBzWLUs!F_lEA0ENqxxd-vkyRmKq_iBKoFjNLx-vT0yDLsGsAk4d6dzw0JxOXoVbe_iRkk1FTI2z_JB_NCckTg$

Research Goal:
---------------
This is an NSF (U.S. National Science Foundation)-funded effort to
develop an open-source, state-of-the-art symbolic model-checking
framework for the international model-checking research community. Our
goal is to fill the current gap in model checking research platforms:
building a freely-available, open-source, scalable model checking
infrastructure that accepts expressive models and efficiently interfaces
with the currently-maintained state-of-the-art back-end algorithms to
provide an extensible research and verification tool. We will create a
community resource with a well-documented intermediate representation to
enable extensibility, and a web portal, facilitating new modeling
languages and back-end algorithmic advances. To add new modeling
languages or algorithms, researchers need only to develop a translator
to/from the new intermediate language, and will then be able to
integrate each advance with the full state-of-the-art in model checking.

Project Status:
for the new framework.

Webinar:
--------

Our first workshop will be held online via zoom:
1:00pm-3:00pm US-CST (GMT-6)
Registration is at: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://modelchecker.temporallogic.org__;!!IBzWLUs!F_lEA0ENqxxd-vkyRmKq_iBKoFjNLx-vT0yDLsGsAk4d6dzw0JxOXoVbe_iRkk1FTI2z_JB_NCckTg$

Agenda:
15 minutes: Project overview and introduction
45 minutes: Candidate intermediate representation details
60 minutes: Moderated community feedback and questions

*** Additional webinars will be held to accommodate other time-zones;
please register for a future workshop on the website and provide your
timezone when asked.

Research Leads:
---------------
Kristin Yvonne Rozier, Iowa State University
Natarajan Shankar, SRI
Cesare Tinelli, University of Iowa
Moshe Y. Vardi, Rice University

                                     __
            /\                       \ \_____
           /  \                   ###[==_____>
          /    \                     /_/      __
         /  __  \                             \ \_____
      /  |=|==|=|  \       Kristin Yvonne Rozier, Ph.D.
    /    | |  | |    \   Black&Veatch Associate Prof, Iowa State Univ
   / USA | ~||~ |NASA \    Departments of Aerospace Engineering,
  |______|  ~~  |______|     Computer Science, Mathematics, and
         (__||__)            Electrical and Computer Engineering
         /_\  /_\          Virtual Reality Applications Center
         !!!  !!!https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://temporallogic.org/kyr__;!!IBzWLUs!F_lEA0ENqxxd-vkyRmKq_iBKoFjNLx-vT0yDLsGsAk4d6dzw0JxOXoVbe_iRkk1FTI2z_JC0iO0BSw$