[TYPES/announce] Researcher positions (postdoc / phd) in Quantum Crypto and Formal Verification

Dominique Unruh unruh at ut.ee
Sat Feb 5 14:42:35 EST 2022

*Researcher positions (postdoc/phd) **within the ERC Consolidator grant
“Certified Quantum Security”*

[Below is the description of postdoc positions. Phd positions are
similar and can be found here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tinyurl.com/phd-vqc__;!!IBzWLUs!G9wHTdXdWlTau8RitJ396YNzA2QJuyojaZWpZgzfMS_VVNrePzjw7J3rIY2yg34clFKiU1DgYZo4VQ$ ]

[This call can also be found here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://tinyurl.com/postdoc-vqc__;!!IBzWLUs!G9wHTdXdWlTau8RitJ396YNzA2QJuyojaZWpZgzfMS_VVNrePzjw7J3rIY2yg34clFKiU1Ak4zl_Ag$ ]

As part of the ERC Consolidator Grant "Certified Quantum Security" and
the US Airforce project "Verification of Quantum Cryptography", we are
looking for postdocs to work on verification of quantum cryptography (or
more generally on quantum cryptography).

We will develop methods for the verification of proofs in quantum
cryptography. Similar to what the EasyCrypt tool does in classical
cryptography. The scope of the project covers everything from the
logical foundations, through the development of tools, to the
verification of real quantum protocols.

The *ideal candidate* would have experience in:

  *

    Semantics

  *

    Theorem proving

  *

    Verification of classical cryptography

  *

    Quantum cryptography

  *

    Quantum computation / communication

Of course, expertise in all those areas is very rare, so candidates who
are strong in some of those areas and are interested in the others are
encouraged to apply!

Please contact *Dominique Unruh <unruh at ut.ee>* if you have more
questions about the project, the required background, Estonia, the
position itself, or the application process. I can also provide a
detailed description of the overall research project.

The *salary range is 30000-36000 Euro* per year (depending on
experience), which is highly competitive in Estonia due to low costs of
living and low income tax rate (20%). Pension contributions and health
insurance are covered by the employer.

Applications are accepted at any time (until all positions are filled),
and positions can start as soon as possible. Positions are typically for
2-3 years (up to negotiation).

*To apply*, please send the following documents to unruh at ut.ee:

  *

    Curriculum vitae (please explain your scientific background)

  *

    List of publications

  *

    Research plan (i.e., how do you think you could contribute to the topic)

  *

    At least two letters of reference (please ask for the letters to be
    sent directly to us)

  *

    Phd degree

Please apply as soon as possible.