[TYPES/announce] Fwd: PhD and postdoc positions in Software Security (Université Paris-Saclay, CEA List institute, France)

Michaël Marcozzi michael.marcozzi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 07:21:57 EST 2022

 The BINSEC team ( https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://binsec.github.io__;!!IBzWLUs!DD1VnbNFBVrHBocvuIOIom1LMW3xgnHeTcrTV6RfG6jViqk4AyGKcK0JJBWCToG8Q1VF2r357XKKjA$  ) opens two PhD and one postdoc
positions to work with Sébastien Bardin ( https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://sebastien.bardin.free.fr__;!!IBzWLUs!DD1VnbNFBVrHBocvuIOIom1LMW3xgnHeTcrTV6RfG6jViqk4AyGKcK0JJBWCToG8Q1VF2r3gu96O2A$  )
and Michaël Marcozzi ( https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.marcozzi.net__;!!IBzWLUs!DD1VnbNFBVrHBocvuIOIom1LMW3xgnHeTcrTV6RfG6jViqk4AyGKcK0JJBWCToG8Q1VF2r1aCj2iaQ$  ) on detection and
prevention of advanced software vulnerabilities.

(sorry if you receive duplicate versions of this email)

*Start*: as soon as possible in 2022.
*Duration*: 3 years (PhD), 2 years (postdoc).
*Keywords*: software security, program analysis, testing, formal methods,
symbolic execution, fuzzing, micro-architectural attacks

*Detailed job offer*:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://binsec.github.io/jobs/2022/03/03/phd-postdoc-offer.html__;!!IBzWLUs!DD1VnbNFBVrHBocvuIOIom1LMW3xgnHeTcrTV6RfG6jViqk4AyGKcK0JJBWCToG8Q1VF2r0yPW8JWQ$

*== ABOUT US*

The BINary-level SECurity research group (BINSEC) is a dynamic team of 11
junior and 4 senior researchers. The group has frequent publications in
top-tier security, formal methods and software engineering conferences. We
work in close collaboration with other French and international research
teams, industrial partners and national agencies. The team is part of
Université Paris-Saclay, the world’s 13th and European Union’s 1st
university, according to the Shanghai ARWU Ranking in 2021.

The team has high-level expertise in several code analysis approaches,
namely symbolic execution, fuzzing and abstract interpretation. We apply
these techniques to improve software security, covering notably
vulnerability detection, code (de)obfuscation and formal verification. See
our website at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://binsec.github.io__;!!IBzWLUs!DD1VnbNFBVrHBocvuIOIom1LMW3xgnHeTcrTV6RfG6jViqk4AyGKcK0JJBWCToG8Q1VF2r357XKKjA$  for additional information.

*== JOB OFFERS SUMMARY*

* One Ph.D position (3 years) in detection of complex vulnerabilities with
fuzzing.
* One Ph.D position (3 years) in formal verification of security properties
against micro-architectural attacks.
* One postdoc position (2 years) in detection of complex vulnerabilities
with symbolic execution and fuzzing.

Under the supervision of our senior researchers, you will be expected to
solve research problems, implement your solutions into evaluated
prototypes, publish at top conferences and journals, mentor students and
broadly participate in the scientific life of the team. The positions
comprise both theoretical work and coding. You will be able to dedicate a
small fraction of your time to teaching if you want so. Our former team
members have been able to secure stimulating positions in academia or
industry and we will support you in advancing your career.

*== APPLICATION PROCEDURE SUMMARY*

Candidates should send a *CV*, a *cover letter*, and *contact information
of at least two referees* to binsec-jobs at saxifrage.saclay.cea.fr as soon as
possible (and at the latest by May 2022). Applications will be reviewed
immediately as they arrive (first come, first served). The positions are
expected to start as soon as possible in 2022 (upon completion of all
administrative requirements).