[TYPES/announce] Call for STSMs, deadline 3 April 2022

Ambrus Kaposi kaposi.ambrus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 03:44:18 EST 2022

COST Action CA20111 EuroProofNet
Open call for Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSMs)

Dear Action members,

Proposals have to be submitted on
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://e-services.cost.eu/activity/grants/add?type=STSM__;!!IBzWLUs!DqnLuKCr_IPlVdIJJaw9m9mSdODF_ghHtvhjP92TUd75tmFi3zSkMWwr_PdTUcLgmzTJMNsYl2J5Hw$  (you need to
add a bank account on your e-cost profile first).

The deadline is 3 April 2022 (AoE).

We are especially looking for applications from women and from
working groups other than WG3.

A Short-Term Scientific Mission (STSM) is a research visit of an
individual researcher from a country participating in the Action in a
different country also participating in the Action. We encourage STSMs,
as they are an effective way of starting and maintaining collaborations.

The procedure for proposing an STSM is described in Annex 2, section
2.3, of the Annotated Rules
(
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2021/10/COST-094-21-Annotated-Rules-for-COST-Actions-Level-C-2021-11-01-1.pdf__;!!IBzWLUs!DqnLuKCr_IPlVdIJJaw9m9mSdODF_ghHtvhjP92TUd75tmFi3zSkMWwr_PdTUcLgmzTJMNuK-I5mAQ$
).

The main points about STSMs are:

  * An STSM must be between two different countries which are
participating in the Action.
  * The typical duration is one or two weeks. We favor short missions so
that more people can get funded.
  * The financial contribution for an STSM is a fixed grant based on the
applicant's budget request and the evaluation of the application by the
STSM assessment committee. The grant will not necessarily cover all
costs of the visit. The grant only covers travel and subsistence and is
transferred after the STSM has taken place.
  * Recommended grants:
    - up to EUR 120 for daily allowance (depending on the location)
    - up to EUR 400 for travel.
    - the total may not exceed EUR 4000 (this is a hard limit)
  * As part of the application form submitted through e-COST, the goals
of the mission have to be described including how it contributes to the
objectives of the Action (see https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA20111__;!!IBzWLUs!DqnLuKCr_IPlVdIJJaw9m9mSdODF_ghHtvhjP92TUd75tmFi3zSkMWwr_PdTUcLgmzTJMNt8e3jEkg$ ),
which working group(s) it contributes to, and a confirmation from the
host that he or she will receive the applicant.
  * Proposals should be submitted by the deadlines.
  * STSMs must end before the end of October.

The criteria according to which funding will be decided are in order:
  * importance with regard to the research coordination objectives
  * inclusiveness target countries
  * age
  * gender
  * team with low resources
  * balance over the action life time between people, teams, countries
and working groups.

After acceptance, to get reimbursed, a short scientific report must be
submitted through the e-cost system along with the Host’s approval of
the report, within 15 days after the end of the STSM.

For more information, see the website of the action
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://europroofnet.github.io__;!!IBzWLUs!DqnLuKCr_IPlVdIJJaw9m9mSdODF_ghHtvhjP92TUd75tmFi3zSkMWwr_PdTUcLgmzTJMNsdyBT1ww$ .

Regards,

Danijela Simic and Ambrus Kaposi

EuroProofNet STSM Coordinators