[TYPES/announce] Nominate the next editor-in-chief of TOPLAS
asampson at cs.cornell.edu
Fri May 20 10:15:05 EDT 2022
Call for Nominations
ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems
The term of the current Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of the ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems (TOPLAS) <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://dl.acm.org/journal/toplas__;!!IBzWLUs!TYRbOdL2slTWlRBkl8bCIIdARj5OGn2zvlXbFjl9sxv5L46XW3tXkRGDSFv1wRNwldPHB0hirekeWH-J0Rh_bbl6yTJlHEfpZ8tbEA$ > is coming to an end, and the ACM Publications Board has set up a nominating committee to assist the Board in selecting the next EiC. TOPLAS was established in 1979 and is the premier journal for reporting recent research advances on programming languages and on systems to assist the task of programming. As of January 2022, TOPLAS is publishing Gold Open Access <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://dl.acm.org/journal/toplas/open-access__;!!IBzWLUs!TYRbOdL2slTWlRBkl8bCIIdARj5OGn2zvlXbFjl9sxv5L46XW3tXkRGDSFv1wRNwldPHB0hirekeWH-J0Rh_bbl6yTJlHEdcPXVkqg$ > for an initial period of two years.
Nominations, including self-nominations, are invited for a three-year term as TOPLAS EiC, beginning on September 1, 2022. The EiC appointment may be renewed at most one time. This is an entirely voluntary position, but ACM will provide appropriate administrative support.
Appointed by the ACM Publications Board, Editors-in-Chief (EiCs) of ACM journals are delegated full responsibility for the editorial management of the journal consistent with the journal's charter and general ACM policies. The Board relies on EiCs to ensure that the content of the journal is of high quality and that the editorial review process is both timely and fair. He/she has final say on acceptance of papers, size of the Editorial Board, and appointment of Associate Editors. A complete list of responsibilities is found in the ACM Volunteer Editors Position Descriptions <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.acm.org/publications/policies/position_descriptions__;!!IBzWLUs!TYRbOdL2slTWlRBkl8bCIIdARj5OGn2zvlXbFjl9sxv5L46XW3tXkRGDSFv1wRNwldPHB0hirekeWH-J0Rh_bbl6yTJlHEdSiSXXxQ$ >. Additional information can be found in the following documents:
- Rights and Responsibilities in ACM Publishing <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.acm.org/publications/policies/RightsResponsibilities__;!!IBzWLUs!TYRbOdL2slTWlRBkl8bCIIdARj5OGn2zvlXbFjl9sxv5L46XW3tXkRGDSFv1wRNwldPHB0hirekeWH-J0Rh_bbl6yTJlHEfPxJcKWw$ >
- ACM's Evaluation Criteria for Editors-in-Chief <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.acm.org/publications/policies/evaluation/__;!!IBzWLUs!TYRbOdL2slTWlRBkl8bCIIdARj5OGn2zvlXbFjl9sxv5L46XW3tXkRGDSFv1wRNwldPHB0hirekeWH-J0Rh_bbl6yTJlHEegkC9onQ$ >
Nominations should include a vita along with a brief statement of why the nominee should be considered. Self-nominations are encouraged and should include a statement of the candidate's vision for the future development of TOPLAS. The deadline for submitting nominations is July 1, 2022, although nominations will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Please send all nominations to the nominating committee chair, Jens Palsberg <palsberg at ucla.edu>. The search committee members are:
- Jens Palsberg (University of California, Los Angeles), *Chair*
- Lars Birkedal (Aarhus University)
- Azadeh Farzan (University of Toronto)
- Bernhard Scholz (University of Sydney)
- Chris Hankin (Imperial College London), *ACM Pubs Board Liaison*
More information about the Types-announce