[TYPES/announce] PSSV plan for 2022-2023

Shilov Nikolay shiloviis at mail.ru
Tue Aug 2 23:40:56 EDT 2022

The International Workshop on Program Semantics, Specification and Verification has 12-years history (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://persons.iis.nsk.su/en/PSSVfrom2022towards2023*history__;Iw!!IBzWLUs!QMt7omOqxfIknJaHtNZ_1rTXupCsa4b6t0V1n6CziiHtX1-2rBFBXS9mmrW9WItquwBxY4SJQgikTzLIxlG3huIgCxmSfIND$ ). It was launched in 2010 to become a venue to help collaboration between researchers in the field of program semantics, specification and verification from the Commonwealth of Independent States and International colleagues.

According to the decision of the joint meeting of the Program Committee and co-chairs, the workshop is suspended in the year 2022 because of the uncertain current situation for international participation and attendance but to be resumed the next year 2023. (In other words: we are going to step over the number 13 without delay and proceed immediately to the 14th edition.)

PSSV Committees have a strong hope that the next year 2023 we all will have an opportunity to have the next workshop with international participation (a hybrid at least) and invite the community to follow our updates at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://persons.iis.nsk.su/en/PSSVfrom2022towards2023!__;!!IBzWLUs!QMt7omOqxfIknJaHtNZ_1rTXupCsa4b6t0V1n6CziiHtX1-2rBFBXS9mmrW9WItquwBxY4SJQgikTzLIxlG3huIgC8wYn15h$

This year 2022 we plan to publish Call for Verification Problems (CVP) by November 2022 to collect submitted problems, select a short list to publish (very much in advance to the next workshop PSSV-2023), and finally to have a Problems and Solution track (P&S-track) on the next PSSV-2023.

We also plan to organize on PSSV-2023 half-day problem-solving tutorial(s) to present verification and systems approach(s) in details (to enhance educational value of the workshop and attract new participants among students).

Nikolay V. Shilov and Vladimir A. Zakharov