[TYPES/announce] Faculty positions at Iowa State University

Rajan, Hridesh [COM S] hridesh at iastate.edu
Mon Sep 26 10:30:10 EDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We are hiring for three faculty positions at Iowa State University. One of them includes programming languages as an area. If you have any questions, please do feel free to contact me or search committee chair Prof. Gianfranco Ciardo.

We appreciate your referrals as we find they are so often some of our strongest candidates. We will be sure to follow-up.

Best wishes,
Hridesh

Dr. Hridesh Rajan
Professor and Department Chair
Department of Computer Science
Iowa State University
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cs.iastate.edu/hridesh/__;!!IBzWLUs!XGBazoQ-CRk4qCw6YaSlKaAGV2IAr98GwqkmP_7aKp6XMxKBMpDindLjJrKE0ofQ1tX81IvnWjnyLTcqi4Y-kbSw5czzOTEAPQ$

* Multiple Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in Computer Science *

The Department of Computer Science in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, seeks outstanding applicants for three tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor. We are looking for candidates in all areas of Computer Science who complement and expand our current research strengths, including but not limited to, broad areas of software engineering and programming languages, systems and networks including cybersecurity, bioinformatics and computational biology, and theoretical foundations.

The successful candidate will be expected to develop and sustain a strong Computer Science research program; develop collaborative and interdisciplinary research; publish in top venues; provide outstanding graduate student supervision; teach undergraduate and graduate Computer Science courses; and enhance ISU through professional and institutional service. We are interested in exceptional candidates who can expand our research profile in new areas.

Iowa State University strives to be the university that cultivates a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where students, faculty and staff flourish. To that end, we welcome candidates from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We are dedicated to work-life balance through an array of flexible policies. We are responsive to the needs of dual-career couples.

The Department of Computer Science resides in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offering B.S., B.A., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science and a brand-new M.S. degree in Artificial Intelligence. The department is proud to be one of the founding departments for the B.S. in Software Engineering, B.S. in Data Science, Data Science Minor and Certificate along with the B.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. We are active in interdepartmental graduate programs in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Human-Computer Interactions, and Information Assurance. The department participates in many interdisciplinary research collaborations, including partnerships with faculty in bio-sciences, mathematical sciences, and engineering.

The Department of Computer Science has 38 faculty professionals, 150 Ph.D. students, 71 M.S. students, and 1530 B.S. students. All admitted Ph.D. students are offered a two-year teaching assistantship from the department, and almost all are supported by research or teaching assistantships after that. We have strong research and educational programs in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Human Computer Interaction, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Software Engineering and Programming Languages, Systems and Networking, and Theoretical Foundations. Our department has over $16 million in active research grants, including the interdisciplinary activities mentioned, and we contribute to active research and training grants totaling approximately $25 million.

All interested, qualified persons can find more information, including required and preferred qualifications and where to apply, at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cs.iastate.edu/open-positions__;!!IBzWLUs!XGBazoQ-CRk4qCw6YaSlKaAGV2IAr98GwqkmP_7aKp6XMxKBMpDindLjJrKE0ofQ1tX81IvnWjnyLTcqi4Y-kbSw5cx0HAsjjg$  . To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by November 21, 2022, but will be accepted until the position is filled.

Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.  All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email eooffice at iastate.edu.