[TYPES/announce] CONFEST 2023 -- Call for Workshop Proposals
efiliot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 05:16:29 EST 2022
* CONFEST 2023 * -- Call for Workshop Proposals
September 18 - September 23 2023, Antwerpen, Belgium
CONFEST is an umbrella conference comprising four international meetings:
- CONCUR (34th International Conference on Concurrency Theory),
- QEST (20th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of
- FORMATS (21st International Conference on Formal Modeling and Analysis of
Timed Systems), and
- FMICS (28th International Conference on Formal Methods for Industrial
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for ONE DAY
workshops on topics related to theory, formal modeling, verification,
performance evaluation and engineering of concurrent, timed, industrial,
and other systems.
Typically, CONFEST workshops feature a number of invited speakers and a
number of contributed presentations.
The workshops will take place one day before (18 September) and one day
after (23 September) the main conferences.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with a friendly,
stimulating, and interactive atmosphere for
- presenting novel ideas,
- discussing their applications,
- encouraging cross-fertilization between industry and academia, and
- fostering opportunities for young and prospective researchers.
CONFEST’23 is planned as a physical, in-person event, with some support for
In a limited number of cases, there will be remote-participation support
for speakers and for other
participants who are unable to come. Please take this into account when
preparing a workshop
proposal and communicate to participants requiring such support that they
should contact the
organisers of CONFEST explaining their case.
We will provide the following to workshop organisers:
- Meeting rooms on demand
- Coffee breaks, catering for lunch, both are included
- CONFEST'23 website cannot be made accessible for edits by third parties
but workshop organisers can either host their own website and provide a
link to it
that we put on CONFEST website, or they send us their content and we put it
in the website.
- Registration will be centralized by CONFEST.
- Special rates for hotels, which can be found in the website
as well as further local information about Antwerp.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Workshop proposals should include:
- The name and the preferred date of the proposed workshop.
- The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the
- A short scientific summary and justification of the proposed topic for
the CONFEST community (500 words max).
- A discussion of the proposed format and agenda.
- If applicable, a brief description of past versions of the workshop,
dates, organisers, submission and acceptance counts, and attendance.
- Procedures for selecting papers and participants.
- The publication plan (only invited speakers, no published proceedings,
pre-/post-proceedings published with EPTCS/ENTCS/...).
- Potentially invited speakers.
- Tentative schedule for paper submission and notification of acceptance.
The main responsibility for organizing the workshop goes to the workshop
- workshop publicity (possibly including call for papers, submission and
- scheduling of workshop activities in collaboration with the CONFEST
Proposals should be sent to Emmanuel Filiot (workshop chair):
efiliot at gmail.com
- Submission deadline February 2, 2023
- Notification February 16, 2023
- Program of the workshops ready: August 16, 2023
- Workshops: September 18, 23, 2023
- CONFEST conferences: September 18-23, 2023
The CONFEST 2023 workshop chair,
Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Types-announce