[TYPES/announce] Fully funded PhD positions in PL theory and interactive theorem proving at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh

Sieczkowski, Filip K F.Sieczkowski at hw.ac.uk
Thu Nov 24 14:23:23 EST 2022

*Fully funded PhD positions in PL theory and interactive theorem proving at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh*

We are soliciting applications for PhD positions in the theory of programming languages and interactive theorem proving (broadly construed) at the Department of Computer Science of Heriot-Watt University.

Potential PhD projects can be found on our department website, https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/schools/mathematical-computer-sciences/research/phd/phd-oportunities-in-computer-science.htm__;!!IBzWLUs!RxfAeApgKyBBcwvubnxedvANQKnQdsBcWMJlP_E1z0x99jvczUeKM2ImLatCr0ibY3zEp-nUT0xI3f7qbwGMI3Fbiu1KYVr2aRCnA0p4$ , under the  “Rigorous Systems” header, although the list is not exhaustive and other related topics can be discussed and arranged. We encourage prospective candidates to contact Kathrin Stark (k.stark at hw.ac.uk), Filip Sieczkowski (f.sieczkowski at hw.ac.uk) or Marko Doko (m.doko at hw.ac.uk) for more information.

Why do your PhD at Heriot-Watt?

The programming languages community at the University is strong and growing fast, which makes it a great place to start your research career. We are further a
part of the vibrant Scottish programming languages community, with Scottish Programming Languages Institute organising various activities, such as summer schools, seminar series, and more. Finally, Edinburgh is an exciting city to live in, with plenty of cultural and recreational opportunities.

The positions are open for both UK and international applicants.

Find information on how to apply see the application website, the deadline is January, 23. Please contact us to help you navigate the application process.

Best regards,
-- Filip Sieczkowski

Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt is a leader in ideas and solutions. With campuses and students across the entire globe we span the world, delivering innovation and educational excellence in business, engineering, design and the physical, social and life sciences. This email is generated from the Heriot-Watt University Group, which includes:

  1.  Heriot-Watt University, a Scottish charity registered under number SC000278
  2.  Heriot- Watt Services Limited (Oriam), Scotland's national performance centre for sport. Heriot-Watt Services Limited is a private limited company registered is Scotland with registered number SC271030 and registered office at Research & Enterprise Services Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS.

The contents (including any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete it (including any attachments) from your system.