[TYPES/announce] Postdoc @ DTU Compute in Modelling and Verification of Concurrent & Distributed Applications

Alceste Scalas alcsc at dtu.dk
Mon Apr 3 02:50:21 EDT 2023

We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with experience in formal
methods
for distributed systems and/or programming languages.

     * Application deadline:  21 May 2023 (Danish time)
     * Starting date: September  2023 (negotiable)
     * Duration of the position:  2 years
     * For inquiries, please contact:  Alceste Scalas <alcsc at dtu.dk>
     * Application link with more information:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://efzu.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/1533__;!!IBzWLUs!XePA8klv4-7ewe1aYJ4VX-rnXLCc1zGwtsH7P_ryvyVUUbk_I1k281p4bhAjldKJtJwcGWpmTSq2qKPB-rxPepOiUROE$

The successful applicant will join the DTU Compute section on Software
Systems
Engineering, which involves researchers in various areas of software
specification, verification, engineering, and security --- with a strong
emphasis on formal methods.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.compute.dtu.dk/english/research/research-sections/software-systems-engineering__;!!IBzWLUs!XePA8klv4-7ewe1aYJ4VX-rnXLCc1zGwtsH7P_ryvyVUUbk_I1k281p4bhAjldKJtJwcGWpmTSq2qKPB-rxPeujXTJ73$

This Postdoc pposition is part of the Horizon Europe project TaRDIS
(Trustworthy
And Resilient Decentralised Intelligence for edge Systems -
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.project-tardis.eu/__;!!IBzWLUs!XePA8klv4-7ewe1aYJ4VX-rnXLCc1zGwtsH7P_ryvyVUUbk_I1k281p4bhAjldKJtJwcGWpmTSq2qKPB-rxPehpWsrC3$ >).   The main research topics of this
position
are:

     1. new methods for modelling concurrent and distributed
applications, based
        on practical industrial use cases; and

     2. new methods for verifying the correctness of concurrent and
distributed
        applications, based on the models at point 1.

The TaRDIS project is a collaboration between DTU (Denmark), NOVA University
Lisbon (Portugal, project coordinator), the University of Oxford (UK), the
University of Novi Sad (Serbia), the National and Kapodistrian University of
Athens (Greece), and 6 industry partners: Actyx AG (Germany), GMV Aerospace
(Spain), EDP NEW R&D (Portugal), Telefónica Research (Spain), Caixa Mágica
Software (Portugal), and Martel Innovate (Switzerland).

# RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS

Within the TaRDIS project, the DTU team's research focuses on modelling
distributed applications and verifying their properties, in particular
communication correctness and security.

Your main tasks within this project will be:

     * closely collaborate with the DTU faculty members and the two PhD
students
       involved in the TaRDIS project;

     * study the project's industrial use cases;

     * actively contribute to the technical discussions with the project
partners
       (both industrial and academic), and work towards the project
deliverables;

     * acquire the necessary expertise in state-of-the-art research in
formal
       methods for modelling and verifying distributed applications ---
with a
       focus on correctness, safety, and reliability;

     * explore new methods to ensure the correctness of distributed
applications.
       You will play a key role in developing the necessary theory and in
       implementing software tools based on such theory.

You will also have the opportunity to co-supervise MSc or BSc student
projects
related to your research.

To be considered for the position, you need to document your research
experience
with formal methods for programming languages and/or distributed
systems.  You
will also need to document your programming skills --- preferably including
functional programming, and some experience in developing distributed
applications.

# ASSESSMENT OF THE APPLICANTS

The assessment of the applicants will take place no later than the
second half
of May 2023 --- but if you apply for this position, you may be contacted
for an
earlier interview (before the application deadline).  If you decide to
apply,
please contact us.

# FURTHER INFORMATION

Application link with more information about this position:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://efzu.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/1533__;!!IBzWLUs!XePA8klv4-7ewe1aYJ4VX-rnXLCc1zGwtsH7P_ryvyVUUbk_I1k281p4bhAjldKJtJwcGWpmTSq2qKPB-rxPepOiUROE$

For further information and inquiries, please contact:

     Alceste Scalas <alcsc at dtu.dk>

You can read more about DTU Compute at <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.compute.dtu.dk/__;!!IBzWLUs!XePA8klv4-7ewe1aYJ4VX-rnXLCc1zGwtsH7P_ryvyVUUbk_I1k281p4bhAjldKJtJwcGWpmTSq2qKPB-rxPejTW4ykl$ >.

If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on
working in
Denmark and at DTU at:

     https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/moving-to-denmark__;!!IBzWLUs!XePA8klv4-7ewe1aYJ4VX-rnXLCc1zGwtsH7P_ryvyVUUbk_I1k281p4bhAjldKJtJwcGWpmTSq2qKPB-rxPehdSj1As$

--
Alceste Scalas <alcsc at dtu.dk> - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://people.compute.dtu.dk/alcsc__;!!IBzWLUs!XePA8klv4-7ewe1aYJ4VX-rnXLCc1zGwtsH7P_ryvyVUUbk_I1k281p4bhAjldKJtJwcGWpmTSq2qKPB-rxPemNS76zS$
Associate Professor @ DTU Compute - Section for Software Systems Engineering