[TYPES/announce] Moderator's note: Working through backlog of unposted messages

Derek Dreyer dreyer at mpi-sws.org
Fri May 19 05:50:58 EDT 2023

Dear Types-announce list subscribers,

I am a former moderator of this list, and it came to my attention yesterday
that there was a large backlog of messages sent to this list that had not
gone out for several weeks (since early May).  We are still trying to
figure out what happened and why they were not posted.  Unfortunately, some
of the posts included deadline extensions which have since then passed the
point of being relevant.

I am now trying to work through the backlog steadily, accepting posts in
batches while avoiding spamming everyone with a firehose of emails.

If you submitted a message weeks ago, it has not been posted yet, and the
posting is (a) still relevant and (b) very urgent, please let me know.  In
some cases, I decided to discard posts from a few weeks ago if it seemed
that a key deadline had already passed.

Apologies for this situation, but we are getting back on track now...

Thanks,
Derek