[TYPES/announce] New moderator: Ningning Xie

Gabriel Scherer gabriel.scherer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 03:40:25 EDT 2023

Dear list,

I have served as moderator for types-announce and types-list since November
2017; my moderation has been slightly less reliable at times in the last
year or so, and I decided to look for a new moderator. I am happy to
announce that Ningning Xie ( https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://xnning.github.io/__;!!IBzWLUs!X3VxRh0Uqdry65XoVMwUjHcUw1uwhnEBDEqeZR83L0nSXElUTqP2tVzSUIcM6COcpF7pYPWd_JEMY5im36M2h3pfg0uKep8KIB93sKq-$  ) agreed to serve as
a new moderator. I am sure she will do a tremendous job.

Some general reminders:
- Types-list is for scholarly discussions, types-announce is for
announcements (typically of scientific events). Both lists are hosted at
UPenn.
- The topic of both lists is: types and programming languages ( a
description was written years ago on
https://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/types-list )
- Both lists are moderated; the announce list is moderated to ensure that
postings are on-topic. I documented my moderation policy for types-list in
the Moderation paragraph of
https://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/types-list ; Ningning will
have the opportunity to follow it or make her own choices.
- If you prefer the various amenities (but poorer archivability) of modern
web interfaces, you are welcome to join the Zulip chat in addition
  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://typ.zulipchat.com/__;!!IBzWLUs!X3VxRh0Uqdry65XoVMwUjHcUw1uwhnEBDEqeZR83L0nSXElUTqP2tVzSUIcM6COcpF7pYPWd_JEMY5im36M2h3pfg0uKep8KIMOE3Zno$

Happy announcements