[TYPES/announce] Postdoc position, Logic and Semantics Group in Tallinn

Tarmo Uustalu tarmo at cs.ioc.ee
Fri Aug 11 05:44:28 EDT 2023

The Logic and Semantics Group at the Tallinn University of Technology
is seeking an aspiring talented and hard-working young scientist to
fill a departmentally funded postdoc position.

The group, currently consisting of 7 faculty and 4 PhD students,
specializes in functional programming, type theory, mathematical
semantics of programming languages, proof theory, constructive
mathematics, proof assistants, formalization of mathematics and
programming theory. Consult our webpage to get a picture of our work.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cs.ioc.ee/lsg/__;!!IBzWLUs!WvwWcJ7pmSBbYocQxBbSvQBpUPrxujXbY28Vi3aRN_v5evMvqbk9dnOECnljtQQrPGhftW9J66utiw4BP9t5ppj_ga6e$

The group belongs to the High-Assurance Software Lab of the Department
of Software Science at the School of IT.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cs.taltech.ee/__;!!IBzWLUs!WvwWcJ7pmSBbYocQxBbSvQBpUPrxujXbY28Vi3aRN_v5evMvqbk9dnOECnljtQQrPGhftW9J66utiw4BP9t5pl8fJYct$

The position is for 2 years; the start date is negotiable, preferrably
between 1 Nov 2023 and 1 Feb 2024.

The monthly gross salary will be 2500-3200 EUR depending on the
previous experience of the successful candidate. The deal includes
coverage by the national health insurance system, a paid annual leave
etc. A salary rate like this ensures a high standard of living in
Estonia.

Send your statement of purpose (cover letter), CV and research
statement to Tarmo Uustalu, tarmo at cs.ioc.ee, and Niccolò Veltri,
niccolo at cs.ioc.ee, as soon as possible, but latest by 10 September
2023. We will assess applications as they arrive. With questions about
the research topics of the group, the research environment, the
conditions of the contract or living in Estonia, do not hesitate to
ask.