[TYPES/announce] Functional programming jobs at Conexus

Wisnesky, Ryan ryan at catinf.com
Wed Apr 17 14:51:43 EDT 2024

Conexus AI, a venture backed data integration start-up commercializing
functorial data migration in the sense of category theorist David Spivak,
is looking to hire functional programmers for several upcoming projects
(spring/summer 2024 and beyond).  Particularly desired backgrounds include:

- experience with Haskell parsec

 - experience implementing data oriented systems at scale, e.g., indexing,
pipelining, vectorizing, magic sets algorithms, chase algorithms, join
algorithms, etc

 - experience with formal verification, e.g., Coq, Hoare Logic, type
inference, model checking, automated theorem proving, etc

 - UK citizenship, US citizenship, or Saudi citizenship

Because our core technology is specified categorically, using co-presheaves
and adjoint functors, a background in category theory is also a plus; type
theory and formal methods also pervade our technology as implementation
techniques.  Although these are not research positions per se - they are
programming positions - we do a lot of applied research out of necessity
and employees are encouraged to publish.  Our team of functional
programmers and mathematicians spans from San Francisco to Dubai and is
remote friendly.

Interested applicants should contact Ryan Wisnesky, ryan at conexus.com

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conexus.com__;!!IBzWLUs!VbwxFryNrM9mmyU26P7KnhvRcR9e5evlePbwzkvLezOMRvy5umU9shqAhoB3ax32PAXlfvEXEZHK01fldPBslkER1w$  (company info)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://categoricaldata.net__;!!IBzWLUs!VbwxFryNrM9mmyU26P7KnhvRcR9e5evlePbwzkvLezOMRvy5umU9shqAhoB3ax32PAXlfvEXEZHK01fldPCMtWmqPA$  (technology info)