[TYPES] Type theory applications to the Semantic Web/RDF

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Sat Jun 5 10:10:58 EDT 2004

>       For those of you familiar with XML (eXtended
> Markup Language) and Schemas, can you point me at
> papers that apply type theory (categorical perhaps) to
> XML and XML Schema?

There are lots.  For example, check out the XDuce and Xtatic languages
designed at Penn

      http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/xduce
      http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/xtatic

and follow citations there (or go directly via Google) to papers on XQuery,
CDuce, Xact, Xen, RelaxNG, etc., etc.

Regards,

    - Benjamin

BENJAMIN C. PIERCE, Professor
Dept. of Computer & Information Science
University of Pennsylvania                                    +1 215 898-2012
3330 Walnut St.                                          Fax: +1 215 898-0587
Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA                http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce