[TYPES] Paper announcement: Towards efficient, typed LR parsers

Francois Pottier Francois.Pottier at inria.fr
Mon Sep 20 15:16:51 EDT 2004

Dear all,

Yann Régis-Gianas and I would like to announce the availability of the
following draft paper, which has been submitted to JFP. Comments and
suggestions warmly welcomed.

  Title:
  Towards efficient, typed LR parsers

  Abstract:
  The LR parser generators that are bundled with many functional programming
  language implementations produce code that is unsafe, needlessly inefficient,
  or both.  We show that, using generalized algebraic data types, it is possible
  to produce parsers that are well-typed (so they cannot unexpectedly crash or
  fail) and nevertheless efficient. This is a useful result as well as a nice
  exercise in programming with generalized algebraic data types.

--
François Pottier
Francois.Pottier at inria.fr
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~fpottier/