[TYPES] logical relations

Robert Harper rwh at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 26 12:01:20 EST 2006

I asked Rick Statman about this, here is his reply:

Actually, the phrase "logical relations" comes from Mike Gordon.
It was told to me by Gordon Plotkin in 1974 who heard it from Mike.
I coined the phrase "fundamental theorem".
I thought the the phrase "logical realtion" was appropriate since
these relations are closed under the logical operations (suitably
defined).

Bob Harper