[TYPES] Compiler frameworks.

N V Krishna. nvk at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jun 21 00:27:39 EDT 2007

Hello All,
I am trying to make a compendium of different compiler frameworks that
are available. The frameworks can cater to any aspect of compiling
(Parsing / analysis / verification/ optimization/ code generation).
The problem is that of plenty. Each framework caters to different
needs, but there does not seem to be a single listing of all, possibly
with details on what the framework provides and still better with
comparisions with other similar ones. Many a times this leads to new
researchers either (a) using some
not-so-suitable-for-his-or-her-purpose framework or (b) coming up with
new frameworks.

I propose to making a public webpage, where all such frameworks can be
listed (If, some such page already exists, then please inform me). I
would be greatful, if each one of you, could take a few minutes and
write about (a) the compiler frameworks that you might have
developed/used and optionally (b) any comments you have about the
framework(s) (+/-).

On my part, I promise to compile this webpage and make it public.

Warm regards,
N V Krishna.