[TYPES] Formal treatment of intersection/union/arrow subtyping?

NOREPLY gc at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Apr 9 14:58:53 EDT 2008

Benjamin Pierce wrote:

 >  Also check out the CDuce web page.

If you do not want to check all the papers in the CDuce page my advice
is that your best bet is the following paper that will appear in
The Journal of the ACM:

Semantic Subtyping: dealing set-theoretically with function, union,
intersection, and negation types.

it can be found in my home page or directly by following this link
http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~gc/papers/semantic_subtyping.pdf

Section 2 gives an relatively simple introduction of the subject, in
Sections 3-4 you have an overview of the main results. Then you can skip
Section 6 and jump directly to Section 7 which is a commentary on the more
technical results among which you will also find a discussion about the
relation with Benjamin's PhD and its follows up.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question or remark.

---Beppe---

(Giuseppe Castagna)