[TYPES] proofs of strong normalization for System F

Derek Dreyer dreyer at mpi-sws.org
Tue Jul 14 14:38:26 EDT 2009

Andrei,

I would refer you to Jean Gallier's article, 'On Girard's "Candidats
De Reductibilité"', from the Odifreddi volume of Logic and Computer
Science, 1990, but perhaps you already know of it.  It is available
here:

http://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1739&context=cis_reports

The article presents a number of different variations on Girard's
proof, such as typed vs. untyped formulations of the logical relation,
in great detail.  It also covers the proof of strong normalization for
F-omega.

I'm not aware of any proof that departs significantly from Girard's
original idea.

Best regards,
Derek