[TYPES] type systems for subset of Pascal

osama abdelwahed osama.abdelwahed at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 22:24:41 EDT 2009

HI all
I have a small project concerning designing a type checker generator for
pascal-s language.
so how can I construct the type system for that language ?
So I am using Sablecc tool to generate the parser and also the type checker
of pascal-s compiler is
implemented using Sablecc.

So my task is how to construct  the generator(in java) for that type checker

so as first step in my design, I have to make the specification file for the
user.
the specification file should contains the type system for pascal-s
compiler.
Second, I use that file in cooperation with Sablecc to generate the type
checker(which is already implemented using Sablecc).

So my second question , Does anybody has experience for implementing a
generator.
I mean Does anyone know how to generate a code. for example generating
"hello.java" program ?
and so on. i.e. what is the mechanism behind constructing a generator
especially for type checker ?
I  really want to know how to generate type checker code till I can manage
to do my task.

I appreciate everybody who know the way(help)  to implement(in java) my
small project.so I need any hints or so.

Thanks in advance.

Osama