[TYPES] Two-tier reviewing process

Avik Chaudhuri avik at cs.umd.edu
Fri Jan 29 16:52:59 EST 2010

> One proposal to fix this is to enforce a rule such as:
> You can be a co-author on at most 2 submissions to  top-tier SIGPLAN
> sponsored conferences in a given calendar year.

I don't want to add anything to this discussion (because I don't
consider myself qualified to do so), but the above rule just seems
wrong to me.
What if an advisor has 3 students working on their own PL projects,
and all of them want to submit their work to such a conference? Either
the advisor can't be a co-author on one of these papers, or one of the
students has to back out: in either case, unfair!

-Avik.