[TYPES] Two-tier reviewing process

soloviev@irit.fr soloviev at irit.fr
Sat Jan 30 07:08:00 EST 2010

Dear members of the list,

I would like to express my agreement with Roberto.

Surely, we have to think what the -real- interests of
the community are, and not merely follow the current.
Let us be frank, the idea to make all evaluation
and even reputation quantitative is mostly imposed
from outside, by various administrations that want
to have an easy way to control scientific activities.

The flaws of these quantitative methods, their basic
imprecision were discussed a lot. But if the evaluation
method is flawed, it is open to manipulation,
to group politics etc.

Should we add one more possibility of abuse?

So...

All the best,

Sergei Soloviev