[TYPES] Two-tier reviewing process

soloviev@irit.fr soloviev at irit.fr
Sun Jan 31 06:09:33 EST 2010

Dear Alessio,

your suggestion seems to me not very clear. Do you mean
that conferences that publish proceedings are not good? I was
recently disappointed a few times with certain conferences
(well, organized by philosophers of mathematics) where
we made a usual effort to write a reasonnably detailed
conference contribution and they published only a very
short abstracts, and put the full
texts on some ephemere web site.
(It was not clear from their "call for papers"!)

Also the phrase seems ambiguous:
>refusal to deal... with conferences that publish proceedings, except for
> papers with colleagues that are seeking jobs/tenure.
Who is making an exception - you (for papers with colleagues?)
or the organizers (for the papers with their colleagues -
and you don't approve?)

It is difficult to agree with such position, if it is indeed
what you suggest to put in the manifesto.

Best regards,

Sergei Soloviev