[TYPES] Types for Open Terms ?

Brigitte Pientka bpientka at cs.mcgill.ca
Sat Oct 15 13:17:06 EDT 2011

Dear Jacques,

 thank you for your interest in open terms and types!

You may want to take a look at our work on Beluga which allows users
to program with open terms. It may give you a more accessible way for
playing with and understanding contextual objects.

A Prototype for download is available at  http://complogic.cs.mcgill.ca/beluga/

[Pientka 2008] A type-theoretic foundation for programming with
higher-order abstract syntax and first-class substitutions, Brigitte
Pientka, 35th Annual ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of
Programming Languages (POPL'08), pages 371-382, ACM Press, 2008.

[Cave, Pientka 2012] Programming with Binders and Indexed Data-types,
Andrew Cave and Brigitte Pientka, accepted at 39th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT
Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL'12)

For gentle introductions:

Beluga: programming with dependent types, contextual data, and
contexts,Brigitte Pientka, Invited talk at 10th International
Symposium on Functional and Logic Programming (FLOPS'10), April 2010,
Sendai, Japan.

Programming inductive proofs: a new approach based on contextual
types, Brigitte Pientka, Verification, Induction, and Termination
analysis, LNAI, Springer, Aug 2010

Best wishes,

- Brigitte