[TYPES] The type/object distinction and possible synthesis of OOP and imperative programming languages

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 02:37:56 EDT 2013

> I think there is some misunderstanding here.  Being "mathematical" in
> academic work is a way of making our ideas rigorous and precise, instead of
> trying to peddle wooly nonsense.

I'm sorry.  I am responsible for the misunderstanding.  I used the
word "math" when I really mean symbolic logic (which, historically,
was part of philosophy).  My point is that the field is confusing
because it seems to ignore binary logic in favor of symbolic logic.
Is binary logic not "rigorous and precise" enough?
--
MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington