[TYPES] The type/object distinction and possible synthesis of OOP and imperative programming languages

Lindsey Kuper lkuper at cs.indiana.edu
Mon Apr 22 13:25:15 EDT 2013

> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:53:27 +0100
> From: Dermot McGahon <dmcgahon at gmail.com>
> To: types-list at lists.seas.upenn.edu
> Subject: Re: [TYPES] The type/object distinction and possible
>         synthesis of OOP and imperative programming languages
> Like you, I'm a programming practioner. Who has had an interest in types
> and PL research for some years now. While it's great that you've woken the
> distinguished gentlemen up [...]

>    - I can also recommend that you read more about categorical logic and
>    domain theory (both mathematical subjects).  As well as the many great
>    references already mentioned, please do keep them coming gents.  Like Mark,
>    I will take the time to follow-up and continue to read, read, read.
>

> Dermot.

As an aside to an otherwise great discussion: although I'm sure you
intend no harm by saying things like "keep them coming gents", please
be aware that not everyone on this mailing list is male, and that
making blanket assumptions about the gender of subscribers to the list
may discourage people with worthwhile points to make from
contributing.

Lindsey Kuper