[TYPES] John Reynolds

Uday S Reddy u.s.reddy at cs.bham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 29 15:39:48 EDT 2013

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am sorry to bring the sad news that John Reynolds, whose work and insights
I have mentioned and recounted in my recent exchanges, has passed away on
Sunday in Pittsburgh.

John has not only done seminal work on a wide range of programming language
topics, but he was also a guiding spirit and a great friend to many of us.
We will dearly miss him.

At this juncture, we might take a moment to reflect on his life time of
accomplishment:

  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~jcr/

Uday

--
Prof. Uday Reddy                Tel: +44 121 414 2740
Professor of Computer Science   Fax: +44 121 414 4281
School of Computer Science      Email: U.S.Reddy at cs.bham.ac.uk
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham B15 2TT              Web: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~udr