[TYPES] types

Cody Roux cody.roux at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon May 12 17:54:30 EDT 2014

As others have noted, tracing historical shifts in points of view is
quite difficult. I somehow feel that the "Lawvere" part of the
"Curry-Howard-Lawvere-isomorphism" is at the heart of the real shift
from a "prohibitive" point of view to a "prescriptive" point of view.

Of course it's hard not to cite Martin-Löf "On the Meaning of Logical
Constants" (the Sienna lectures):

http://www.ae-info.org/attach/User/Martin-L%C3%B6f_Per/OtherInformation/article.pdf

It explains the philosophy behind the modern attitude towards type theory.

Best,

Cody