[TYPES] types

Philip Wadler wadler at inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 13 09:32:31 EDT 2014

I finally downloaded a scan of "The FORTRAN automatic coding system". The
word type appears several times, for instance to distinguish "IF-type
statement" from "DO-type statement", but is not used to distinguish
fixed-point from floating-point. Yours, -- P

J. W. Backus, et al, The FORTRAN automatic coding system, Papers presented
at the 26-28 February 1957, Western Joint Computer Conference.
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1455599

.   \ Philip Wadler, Professor of Theoretical Computer Science
.   /\ School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
.  /  \ http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/wadler/