[TYPES] FP and the Chomsky hierarchy

Gabriel Scherer gabriel.scherer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:46:54 EST 2014

In

  The safe lambda-calculus,
  Blum and Ong,
  2009
  http://arxiv.org/abs/0901.2399

a restriction of the simply-typed lambda calculus is presented as an
adaptation of an existing restriction on *higher-order* grammars. The
corresponding subset of lambda-calculus has the interesting property
that one can define reduction without having to take care of variable
capture at all -- it can be ruled out statically thanks to the order
restriction.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Benjamin C. Pierce