[TYPES] Localizing Hypotheses?

Gabriel Scherer gabriel.scherer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:59:12 EST 2015

I suspect you've been reading too much into the chosen name. I simply
understand it as making local (to each step of inference rule) something
that was global to the whole derivation -- the annoying upward dots
describing hypothetical judgments, first presented page 4 of the PDF you
link, and sometimes described as bracketing of hypotheses. It is clearly
explained as such in the lecture notes. "Localization" is a fine name in
this regard, and I would be surprised if it was related to the other uses
you mention in other ways than coincidence.