[TYPES] Basic principal type terminology

Sean McDirmid smcdirm at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 5 04:55:24 EST 2015

Hi Gabriel,

Ah, I see! I think my question was a bit confusing (or rather I was confused) since I think I conflated principal type computation vs. what a principal type is. I'm just computing the principal type differently, but it is still a principal type rather than something else, just because it came from one direction and not the other.

Thanks for the clarification!

Sean