[TYPES] Is one-step conversion rule of CC equivalent to the multi-step one?

Christian Doczkal christian.doczkal at ens-lyon.fr
Thu Aug 24 05:08:38 EDT 2017

This is fairly close to the question whether the presentation of CC using (typed) judgmental equality is equivalent to the presentation of CC with (untyped) conversion. This was answered positively for a large class of pure type systems by Siles & Herbelin [1]. Their work encompasses CC, but there is previous work, some of which might also encompass CC.

Regards,
Christian

[1] Vincent Siles, Hugo Herbelin: Pure Type System conversion is always typable. J. Funct. Program. 22(2): 153-180 (2012) https://doi.org/10.1017/S0956796812000044