[TYPES] new moderator: Gabriel Scherer

Gabriel Scherer gabriel.scherer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 10:38:29 EDT 2017

I'll join in thanking Dimitrios for the nice moderation work -- I'm
impressed with the level of dedication and care he put in maintaining this
forum -- as well as previous moderators, listed in the "Types-list History"
section at the bottom of
https://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/types-list .

I received, from Dimitrios and others, advice and encouragement to be firm
in the moderation of both lists. In particular, people want types-announce
to send as few announcements as possible, strictly limited to topics
relevant to the types and PL community.
I will be following this model, but of course people may have different
opinions about what is "relevant enough". If you receive a types-announce
email that you think does not belong on types-announce, it would be very
helpful if you sent me <gabriel.scherer at gmail.com> a private email to let
me know -- feel free to just say "I would not have accepted this email.", I
wouldn't mind. Receiving this sort of feedback will help me tune my filter,
and also help me justify my decisions to senders of similar announces in
the future.

Happy typing