[TYPES] Book on Category Theory

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 10:37:53 EDT 2017

Thank you for all the suggestions I have ordered yet another book on
category theory Lavere's - Conceptual Mathematics: A First Introduction to
Categories
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/052171916X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
, and am going to follow Steve Awodey's Category Theory Foundations,
Lectures on YouTube :-

    https://www.youtube.com/user/p473r/search?query=Category+Theory

I have found what I was looking for now regarding the different types of
morphisms so am posting links to the two papers here so other following the
thread and are interested can have the references.

Graham Hutton's - Bananas in space: extending fold and unfold to
exponential types :-

    http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~pszgmh/bib.html#bananas

Revisiting Catamorphisms over Datatypes with Embedded Functions :-

    https://lambda.uta.edu/popl96.pdf

These give good extended material to understand applications for algebraic
data types, recursive datatypes and datatypes containing functionality.

For those who don't know what I am working on and the strange angle I came
from I am outside of acedemia I came across the need to understand type
theory in order to specify and implement my own object oriented language
SOOL which is hopefully going to be a staticly typed feature complete
orthoganally complete Object Oriented Language, with meta and grammatical
extensions (hence the interest in cata and ana morphisms).

Kind regards,

Aaron