[TYPES] Objects in type theory

Kim Bruce kbbruce47 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 01:23:11 EST 2018

A paper not cited in that one that may be relevant is Comparing Object Encodings,  <http://www.cs.pomona.edu/~kim/README.html#Comp>by Kim B. Bruce, Luca Cardelli, and Benjamin C. Pierce, Information and Computation 155(1999), pp 108-133.  My book, Foundations of Object-Oriented Languages: Types and Semantics, MIT Press, 2002, goes into more detail on the encodings, including details on handling super accesses.  Of course, Pierce’s text, Types and Programming Languages, 2002, also from MIT Press, discusses many of these issues in the context of a broader look at types.  Lots of the work on foundations for Scala should also be relevant.

Kim Bruce.