[TYPES] Existing Work on Function Destructors or Haskell Type Spec?

Richard Eisenberg rae at cs.brynmawr.edu
Mon Mar 19 18:57:48 EDT 2018

I had this same query several years ago and also was surprised not to find much. Beyond the Jones paper, you may also be interested in Karl-Filip Faxén's "A static semantics for Haskell", JFP'02. You might also find use in my entry into this sparse field, in the extended version of my HS'14 paper "Promoting Type Functions to Type Families in Haskell". That paper doesn't focus on the type theory, but we needed to write down typing rules on the way to our main proof result. You can find the extended version here: https://repository.brynmawr.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1017&context=compsci_pubs <https://repository.brynmawr.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1017&context=compsci_pubs>

I hope this helps!
Richard

Richard A. Eisenberg, PhD
Asst. Prof. of Computer Science