[TYPES] What algebra am I thinking of?

Radu Grigore radugrigore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 04:03:11 EDT 2018

You might want to look at vector addition systems, aka Petri Nets.
"Displacements" are from Z^d, but current values are from N^d, as in your
case. But, unlike your case, the dimension d is typically finite.

The restriction to nonnegative integers makes all sorts of problems harder
than they'd otherwise be.