[TYPES] models of untyped lambda calculus

Gabriel Scherer gabriel.scherer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 11:30:57 EDT 2018

The paper that Albert referred to is

 What is a model of the lambda calculus?
 Albert Meyer, 1982

> An elementary, purely algebraic definition of model for the untyped lambda
> calculus is given. This definition is shown to be equivalent to the natural
> semantic definition based on environments. These definitions of model are
> consistent with, and yield a completeness theorem for, the standard axioms
> for lambda convertibility. A simple construction of models for lambda
> calculus is reviewed. The algebraic formulation clarifies the relation
> between combinators and lambda terms.

  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0019995882800879

The fact that the only practical way to access a PDF of this work is from
ScienceDirect (the version attached by Albert also comes from this website)
should serve as a reminder to everyone to upload their paper on arXiv for
proper open access and long-term archival:
  https://arxiv.org/ .
You may thank yourself 36 years from now.