[TYPES] Open Access petition to the ACM - please sign!

Roberto Di Cosmo roberto at dicosmo.org
Mon Jan 6 15:29:07 EST 2020

Dear Joathan,
     thanks for sharing this: it is an important step forward to make our voices heard, and I've been delighted to sign it!

We need to take quite a few steps, though, on the still long path to set up a sustainable infrastructure for the research publishing workflow that can last on the long term, and avoid the pitfalls we have often fall into when engaging in Open Source (see  https://www.fordfoundation.org/work/learning/research-reports/roads-and-bridges-the-unseen-labor-behind-our-digital-infrastructure/ for a "nice" museum of horrors :-))

I'll try to share some thoughts on this in the coming days

Cheers

--
Roberto

--
Roberto Di Cosmo

Computer Science Professor
            (on leave at INRIA from IRIF/University Paris Diderot)

Director
Software Heritage                https://www.softwareheritage.org
INRIA
Bureau C328		     E-mail : roberto at dicosmo.org
2, Rue Simone Iff          Web page : http://www.dicosmo.org
CS 42112		    Twitter : http://twitter.com/rdicosmo
75589 Paris Cedex 12	        Tel : +33 1 80 49 44 42