[TYPES] Has anyone seen a language with sub-typing and recursive parametric type aliases?

Martin Abadi abadi at cs.ucsc.edu
Tue Feb 18 09:15:32 EST 2020

Hello,

TypeScript <https://www.typescriptlang.org/> has parameterized recursive
definitions and structural subtyping. The language has evolved over time,
and I am afraid I have not looked at the current definitions, but, early
on, the designers were aware of some of the algorithmic difficulties
that François Pottier mentions and introduced restrictions to avoid them. I
don't know whether the examples of interest to Isaac Oscar Gariano would be
expressible.

Regards,
 Martin