[TYPES] Signable open letter to OSTP regarding open access

Matt Might might at cs.utah.edu
Sun Feb 23 21:43:46 EST 2020

As a further follow-up, the petition succeeded, and now OSTP has
opened a formal comments period regarding a mandate for open access to
all federally funded research.

Currently, the lobbyists for the publishers are flooding OSTP
political appointees with endless objections.

They are also claiming there is no support for this from rank and file
scientists.

If you have the time, sending in a response from you and/or your
institution would be very valuable at this critical moment in the
internal policy debate:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/02/19/2020-03189/request-for-information-public-access-to-peer-reviewed-scholarly-publications-data-and-code

Please note that OSTP is also considering requiring that code and data
necessary to reproduce results be made available as well, so feel free
to weigh in on that as well.

Thank you,

Matt