[TYPES] Towards Sustainable Open Access: thoughts on the ACM OPEN

selinger at mathstat.dal.ca selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri May 1 23:53:11 EDT 2020

Dear type theorists,

some months ago, we had a discussion about the ACM and open access.

If you are interested in this issue and you are an ACM member, I'd
like to draw your attention to the fact that the ACM currently has an
election going on, for everything from president downwards. You will
have received an email with instructions on how to vote
electronically. It is very easy to look through the list of candiates
(even using CTRL-F) and see who said something about open access in
their statements. Definitely not all candidates have this on their
radar. The ones that do can either be paraphrased as "we did a great
job with open access" or "we need to push for better open access".

-- Peter