[TYPES] online conferences should be free

Alejandro Díaz-Caro alejandro at diaz-caro.info
Sun Jun 6 20:00:01 EDT 2021

I may add that it makes totally sense to me that a service such as Clowdr
(and other similar platforms) charge for their usage. The price do not only
covers the usage, but also there is somebody to assist you (giving
tutorials, answering questions, etc). In any case the prices are quite fair
and, as I mentioned before, there are still options to make the conference
either free, or mostly free. The alternative would be to use some ad-hoc
solution, which probably will not be perfectly adapted for a conference.
And since conferences will be virtual yet for some time (at least), we
should use the best available tools.

So, my point of view is that conferences should be free, as much as
possible, and should not renounce to use the best available tools.

-- Alejandro