[TYPES] Impredicative Set and large elimination

Thomas Streicher streicher at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jul 28 13:02:21 EDT 2021

Though I am not fully aware of what pecisely is the precise type
system form general type theoretic knowledge my anser is as follows.

As long as Prop is not an element of Set there is no problem to assume
both Set and Prop as impredicative. Look at the realizability model
where types are interpreted as assemblies, Set as modest sets and Prop
as subterminal modes sets.
These models all validate large elimination.

But if Prop \in Set then then Girard's papardox applies.

Thomas