[TYPES] subtyping of mutually recursive algebraic data types

Giuseppe Castagna gc at irif.fr
Sat Jun 18 18:07:15 EDT 2022

In our ICFP 16 Paper /Set-Theoretic Types for Polymorphic Variants /we
defined type inference for polymorphic variants with recursive
set-theoretic types (type are defined coinductively  with a couple of
standard restrictions). https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.irif.fr/*gc/papers/icfp16.pdf__;fg!!IBzWLUs!QYIv5kZfRZ_sM_dbcvKdrXLsHb-tjd_4jpTeLE-n3m-E8TJ2qqx4c-2QqB1nepcRXZPlaUrqjL2yHCM5-OiV$

More generally, you may want to refer to Tommaso Petrucciani's PhD
thesis /Polymorphic set-theoretic types for functional languages/ which
studies type inference for recursive set-theoretic types (they can
encode ADT' s via products and unions), which uses and improves some
results of Stephen Dolan' s PhD thesis as well as of the paper cited
above. https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.theses.fr/2019USPCC067__;!!IBzWLUs!QYIv5kZfRZ_sM_dbcvKdrXLsHb-tjd_4jpTeLE-n3m-E8TJ2qqx4c-2QqB1nepcRXZPlaUrqjL2yHFyPLk_c$

Hope it is useful

Cheers

Beppe