[TYPES] Semantics of modes in logic programming?

Neel Krishnaswami neelakantan.krishnaswami at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 09:26:18 EDT 2022

Hello,

I'm interested in the semantics of mode systems in logic programming,
especially (a) mode systems more sophisticated than simple input or
output modes, and (b) denotational semantics of logic programs with modes.

Uday Reddy's 1992 paper "A typed foundation for directional logic
programming" (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/*udr/papers/directional.pdf__;fg!!IBzWLUs!RIsOJV9x2aZaYUcdxebrICDz_vREN4r14OX46bY1vpRhC6gHz6PZnsDR9JcDg9vQSGbGNvsoOfl3Kks_ocdKMUcJyqKwVlveYJZj8Q$ )
gives a beautiful mode system based on classical linear logic, and he
shows it has a lot of really great operational properties.

I'd be especially interested in a denotational (especially categorical)
semantics for this language, but want to cast the net broadly in this
question.

Thanks!

Best,
Neel