[Unison-hackers] clobberin gin star configurations

HvR hvrietsc at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 10:22:32 EDT 2005

About a year or two ago I set up a star configuration:
many "clients" syncing to one central "server". At
that time unison would create a .# temp file such that
if two unisons from different systems would be syncing
the same file at the same time they would each create
the same .# temp file and thus clobber each other.

At that time a special unstable version existed that
would create a .#<processid> temp file and thus the
clobbering would not happen. The current stable
version does not seem to do this. Is this no longer
needed? Or do we still need to fix this.