[Unison-hackers] Need a bit of ML help

Trevor Jim trevor at research.att.com
Mon Apr 18 11:34:27 EDT 2005

On Apr 17, 2005, at 3:19 PM, Max Bowsher wrote:

> This badness goes away if I comment out the following line from
> canonizeFspath in fspath.ml:
>          Printf.eprintf "p = %s; bn = %s\n" p bn; flush stderr;

I'm not sure what the problem is.  But, I would be happy if
this line was simply deleted.  I think there are one or two
places like this where essentially someone put in some
debugging code but forgot to take it out on a checkin.
I don't think this message is helpful for the end user.

Anyone remember why this is there?

Getting back to the cause of the crash: I suspect that the
linker option is causing a problem for ocaml.  Perhaps with
that linker option some ocaml initialization code does
not get run properly.  Jerome might know more.

-Trevor